the wyld hollow
I sorta reactivated the Wyld Hollow due to a Mythological Romance Reading challenge that I *totally* did not meet because..heck, I'm still working on getting back into things.
Now, the funny of it is the only thing that I seem to dig reading are history books. Not fictional. History. Mostly Asian history. Korea, China maybe. Japan? No. 'Specially learning of their occupation of Korea until 1941. Am I bitter? No. Just slightly perturbed. Especially from hearing mom's accounts of it.
Yeah, when you hear about wars from family pov, it tends to color your views on some things. *OR* make you think heavily on others.
Anyway. I can't be too biased.. my grandfather did go to culinary school in Japan. I'm kinda squicky on Japanese history. *Even though* I prefer ninjas to pirates. LOL.
But historically the samurais did not approve of ninjas either... Okay. Gonna stop or I'll go down a whole tangent there. Needless to say, I'm grooving back into history but it also tends to make me moody/squicky..
So, I'm quite sure if I blogged on a history book the followers will go, 'whatever.' *grins* I'm kinda done on the european and american history...
And I'm finding that whether it be Korea or China... the history of asian cultures appear to be more *highly* cut-throat than the european... *BUT* I can hardly be one to judge whether that is true or not.
I just know that I now know why the people of South Korea voted not to have a royalty or have them in position of power. It kinda reminded be a tad of the French Revolution. If you've read anything of the French Revolution.. the political machinations of old Korea from the time of ancient to Joseon, one could actually see the same happening. And there have been a number of historical Korean dramas showing this as well...
I could go on but I'd better not. Anyway. Who reviews history books anyway? LOL!
Now, historical romances, yes. History books, nah.... *grins*
French Revolution - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution
Damo is a very cool, and sad historical drama that illustrates all this as well..
Now, the funny of it is the only thing that I seem to dig reading are history books. Not fictional. History. Mostly Asian history. Korea, China maybe. Japan? No. 'Specially learning of their occupation of Korea until 1941. Am I bitter? No. Just slightly perturbed. Especially from hearing mom's accounts of it.
Yeah, when you hear about wars from family pov, it tends to color your views on some things. *OR* make you think heavily on others.
Anyway. I can't be too biased.. my grandfather did go to culinary school in Japan. I'm kinda squicky on Japanese history. *Even though* I prefer ninjas to pirates. LOL.
But historically the samurais did not approve of ninjas either... Okay. Gonna stop or I'll go down a whole tangent there. Needless to say, I'm grooving back into history but it also tends to make me moody/squicky..
So, I'm quite sure if I blogged on a history book the followers will go, 'whatever.' *grins* I'm kinda done on the european and american history...
And I'm finding that whether it be Korea or China... the history of asian cultures appear to be more *highly* cut-throat than the european... *BUT* I can hardly be one to judge whether that is true or not.
I just know that I now know why the people of South Korea voted not to have a royalty or have them in position of power. It kinda reminded be a tad of the French Revolution. If you've read anything of the French Revolution.. the political machinations of old Korea from the time of ancient to Joseon, one could actually see the same happening. And there have been a number of historical Korean dramas showing this as well...
I could go on but I'd better not. Anyway. Who reviews history books anyway? LOL!
Now, historical romances, yes. History books, nah.... *grins*
French Revolution - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution
Damo is a very cool, and sad historical drama that illustrates all this as well..

Comments