S.H.E - Costal Highway exit -
I have to post the lyrics w/ translation here so I can easily find it. *smiles*
Originally found posted here...
Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:22 PM
S.H.E. - 沿海公路的出口 [Yan Hai Gong Lu De Chu Kou] [Exit On the Coastal Highway]
Album: 我的電台 - FM S.H.E./My Radio Station - FM S.H.E.
Songwriter: 鄭楠 Zheng Nan
Lyricist: 黃建洲 Huang JianZhou
Pin Yin and Translation Credit: tammiest
Do NOT post this translation elsewhere without proper credit to tammiest@AsianFanatics
用一根火柴燒一場蜃樓
Yong yi gen huo chai shao yi chang shen lou
I use a single match to blaze myself a beautiful mirage (1)
借這場大雨讓自己逃走
Jie zhe chang da yu rang zi ji tao zou
I use this heavy storm for cover... to run away
荒茫公路無人的漂泊
Huang mang gong lu wu ren de piao bo
I drift and wander aimlessly on this vast and desolute highway
寂寞海嘯把我捲走
Ji mo hai xiao ba wo juan zou
The rushing tidal wave of loneliness has swept me away (2)
用一段感情換一個朋友
Yong yi duan gan qing huan yi ge peng you
I've traded in a relationship and gained a friend
每一句再見割一道傷口
Mei yi ju zai jian ge yi dao shang kou
Each "Good-bye" carved a wound (into my heart)
躲在萬劫不復的街頭
Duo zai wan jie bu fu de jie tou
Hiding on a street beyond redemption
微笑參透覆水難收
Wei xiao can tou fu shui nan shou
I smile; I understand that I can't hope for my relationship to revive
倘若說放一次手
Tang ruo shuo fang yi ci shou
If they say that letting go once
就像咳一個嗽
Jiu xiang ke yi ge sou
Is just like coughing (3)
我又何苦在乎得不到的溫柔
Wo you he ku zai hu de bu dao de wen rou
Then why should I bother caring about the tenderness that I just can't get?
Chorus:
我坐在公路的出口
Wo zuo zai gong lu de chu kou
I sit at the highway exit
等待天黑以後無邊的寂寞
Deng dai tian hei yi hou wu bian de ji mo
Waiting for the boundless loneliness that comes after dark
連想你都是種殘酷切磋
Lian xiang ni dou shi zhong can ku qie cuo
Even thinking of you is a cruel and brutal lesson
我目送沿海的日落
Wo mu song yan hai de ri luo
I watch the sun set along the coast
緊抱一個醉生夢死的枕頭
Jin bao yi ge zui sheng meng si de zhen tou
I'm holding on tightly to a pillow of confusion and befuddlement
游不出回憶
You bu chu hui yi
I can't seem to find my way out of these memories
卻學不會放手
Que xue bu hui fang shou
And I haven't learned how to let go
怎麼走
Zen me zou
How do I move on?
倘若說放一次手
Tang ruo shuo fang yi ci shou
If they say that letting go once
就像咳一個嗽
Jiu xiang ke yi ge sou
Is just like coughing
我又何苦在乎得不到的溫柔
Wo you he ku zai hu de bu dao de wen rou
Then why should I bother caring about the tenderness that I just can't get?
Chorus:
我坐在公路的出口
Wo zuo zai gong lu de chu kou
I sit at the highway exit
等待天黑以後無邊的寂寞
Deng dai tian hei yi hou wu bian de ji mo
Waiting for the boundless loneliness that comes after dark
連想你都是種殘酷切磋
Lian xiang ni dou shi zhong can ku qie cuo
Even thinking of you is a cruel and brutal lesson
我目送沿海的日落
Wo mu song yan hai de ri luo
I watch the sun set along the coast
緊抱一個醉生夢死的枕頭
Jin bao yi ge zui sheng meng si de zhen tou
I'm holding on tightly to a pillow of confusion and befuddlement
游不出回憶
You bu chu hui yi
I can't seem to find my way out of these memories
卻學不會放手
Que xue bu hui fang shou
And I haven't learned how to let go
怎麼走
Zen me zou
How do I move on?
Chorus:
我坐在公路的出口
Wo zuo zai gong lu de chu kou
I sit at the highway exit
等待天黑以後無邊的寂寞
Deng dai tian hei yi hou wu bian de ji mo
Waiting for the boundless loneliness that comes after dark
連想你都是種殘酷切磋
Lian xiang ni dou shi zhong can ku qie cuo
Even thinking of you is a cruel and brutal lesson
我目送沿海的日落
Wo mu song yan hai de ri luo
I watch the sun set along the coast
緊抱一個醉生夢死的枕頭
Jin bao yi ge zui sheng meng si de zhen tou
I'm holding on tightly to a pillow of confusion and befuddlement
游不出回憶
You bu chu hui yi
I can't seem to find my way out of these memories
卻學不會放手
Que xue bu hui fang shou
And I haven't learned how to let go
怎麼走
Zen me zou
How do I move on?
* This song was originally submitted for a SongWriting Contest. It took first prize; the authors are from the Australian "district." The lyrics were originally a bit more "mature;" they have been "adapted" for use by S.H.E. (Don't worry; this is the S.H.E. version. If you would like to read the original (in Chinese), you can check out this link or this one.)
(1) This line is a reference to the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale, The Little Match Girl, in which a poor little girl uses matches to keep herself warm on a cold winter's night. She sees lovely visions and mirages each time she lights one...
(2) 海嘯 Hai Xiao means, literally, "tsunami." However, the lyrics only MEAN a very strong wave... since it's not meant to be taken literally, I've translated it so that it sounds more poetic-- as opposed to random-- in English.
(3) As in... breaking up is as easy as coughing.

Comments