The Young Elites (Marie Lu) & Insurgent (Veronica Roth) - 3.26.15

Yep.  It's a two for one today.  ;)

The first...
 photo theyoungelites_zpswrnsyynv.jpg
****
I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they've never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.
*****

I was actually surprised by this book.  But then I'm always surprised by any YA I read because I seldom read them.  Now apparently I like a few of them especially The Young Elites.

Somehow I was drawn to the book when I saw pic of someone's book pile of YA's and it was sitting on top of it.  I don't know why I am drawn to some in the YA genre but apparently things have gotten much better than when I was a kid. lol.

This is a new series of Marie Lu's, the other being the futuristic Legend trilogy which I'm not too ehhh about.  ;)  The Young Elites is broken up into different povs weaving the tale of this messed up world that hated the malfettos that are the result of a plague (blood fever?) which change many that survive the sickness to come out of it changed and into a world of people who could not handle these changes.

Okay, I'm going to end it there because this isn't exactly a review of the book.  Mah brain has not gotten back into the grove to go into major detail to make this a review.  All I'm going to say is that considering how it ended I am definitely looking forward to book 2, the Rose Society.

11735983

So yeah, I finished book two in the Divergent series, and I thought it FAIRLY interesting.  But I did a reaallllyyy dumb thing and let my spoiler junkie self get ahead of myself and looked into how the third book went and freaked myself out of reading the third in the series.

Silly, huh?  XD

Yeah, I find myself drawn somewhat into the YA genre.  I'm a tad shocked considering I never planned this.  I already had two other books in the read and finished these three.

*shrugs*  Who knew? =)

Oh side note, I will be posting books read on a page that can be found on one of the tabs above...  *waves*  Ahnyeong..



Comments

Unknown said…
I just want to see the movie lol, it might be cause of certain Theo James xD
Ragan said…
I'm soooooo tempted to scream out how the Divergent series ends!

Hint: It's the reason I'm not reading the books.

XP
Neena said…
I want to see it as well... not exactly for him though just to see how the movie goes.
Neena said…
Evil.. wicked.. bad girl...you know I like spoilers. Wench. ;)

Popular Posts