5.16.17 - So what am I reading now?? Pt1
Yeah, most of what I've been reading has been translated, but that's completely alright by me considering the novels and the content. Not to mention some pretty fabulous translators who work hard at being true to the written work of the authors.
You seriously gotta love that especially as an avid reader/bibliophile who respects the written work of novelists around the world. EVERY language has it's complexities, despite contemporary idioms and slang, grammar will ALWAYS kick anyone in the arse. =)
That being said...yes, most of these works are Chinese, but even translated you can tell that the books are wonderful reads. -wistfulsighs- I have often wished I could read them in their native language especially the books that I have *** by the titles.
OMG. There are two that I have been waiting patiently (sorta) for the translated bits to come out. Gosh, with each part it is soooooo delicious!!
******
First:

Eight Treasures Trousseau, by Yue Xia Die Ying.***
(Synopsis taken from wyhcwe 's site... Dreams of Jianghu)
*******
This book...words can't even express how excited I get when a new part comes out, and you should've heard me when I got chapter 33 today.
Talk about reading a book with a glass of wine. If this one were completely in English you would need a bottle of wine to consume this one. It would entrance you with the complexities of court and hidden innuendos..goodness. I honestly think this book makes Game of Thrones seem.. I better stop before I offend anyone.
Man, this is one thing I could go on and on but I would digress.
Honestly, Wyhcwe, Adnana, and Vivie does an AMAZING job with the translation and bringing it all together because you find yourself caught up in this strange drama of a plot and you honestly find yourself wanting to know what's going to happen next!! I finish one chapter only to cry for the next.
Love to you three!!! <3 p="">
~~~~~~
Next: Original Title: 不负如来不负卿 (Bù fù rúlái bu fù qīng)***
3>

Title Translation: Faithful to Buddha, Faithful to You* (see the end for notes)
Author: 小春 Xiao Chun
Genres: Chinese historical fiction, time travel, romance
Length: 2 volumes – 100 chapters
Publication year: 2007
Ratings: PG to 18+ depending on the chapter
(taken from Haru's site, A Translator's Ramblings)
You seriously gotta love that especially as an avid reader/bibliophile who respects the written work of novelists around the world. EVERY language has it's complexities, despite contemporary idioms and slang, grammar will ALWAYS kick anyone in the arse. =)
That being said...yes, most of these works are Chinese, but even translated you can tell that the books are wonderful reads. -wistfulsighs- I have often wished I could read them in their native language especially the books that I have *** by the titles.
OMG. There are two that I have been waiting patiently (sorta) for the translated bits to come out. Gosh, with each part it is soooooo delicious!!
******
First:

Eight Treasures Trousseau, by Yue Xia Die Ying.***
Synopsis.
Everyone in the City of Jing thinks that bestowment of marriage between Xian Junwang and the di daughter of the Yi’an Marquis House is to insert a fresh flower into manure.
Xian Junwang was that fresh flower and the di daughter of Yi’an Marquis House was that manure that was not liked.
It is said that what is heard is false, seeing is believing. Who knows what the truth really is?
*******
This book...words can't even express how excited I get when a new part comes out, and you should've heard me when I got chapter 33 today.
Talk about reading a book with a glass of wine. If this one were completely in English you would need a bottle of wine to consume this one. It would entrance you with the complexities of court and hidden innuendos..goodness. I honestly think this book makes Game of Thrones seem.. I better stop before I offend anyone.
Man, this is one thing I could go on and on but I would digress.
Honestly, Wyhcwe, Adnana, and Vivie does an AMAZING job with the translation and bringing it all together because you find yourself caught up in this strange drama of a plot and you honestly find yourself wanting to know what's going to happen next!! I finish one chapter only to cry for the next.
Love to you three!!! <3 p="">
~~~~~~
Next: Original Title: 不负如来不负卿 (Bù fù rúlái bu fù qīng)***
3>

Title Translation: Faithful to Buddha, Faithful to You* (see the end for notes)
Author: 小春 Xiao Chun
Genres: Chinese historical fiction, time travel, romance
Length: 2 volumes – 100 chapters
Publication year: 2007
Ratings: PG to 18+ depending on the chapter
Summary:Beyond the earthly realm were Buddha and the Dharma. In the earthly realm were feelings of love. Camel bells rang the song of the West, about a love story that journeyed along the Silk Road over a thousand years ago…
After a couple of failed experiments with the time machine, 21st century historian Ai Qing finally succeeded in her 3rd attempt. Unfortunately, she landed five hundred years earlier than the researchers desired, and found herself stranded in a desert during the Sixteen Kingdoms era. By chance or fate, she met the famous Buddhist translator monk Kumarajiva when he was thirteen. She became his friend and teacher in the Han language, and he taught her Tocharian in return.
The second time they met, ten years had passed for him but only mere months for her. He was now a renowned monk and head of a monastery. Ahead of him was future of achievements in the spread of Buddhism, not without obstacles, but still a great future. She was a historian. She knew this better than anyone, had even encouraged him on the path. But watching the different sides to him unfolded before her eyes, she discovered a mortal man full of warmth and emotions underneath the monk. The hearts warred with the minds, to whose victory?
Meeting by chance, parting by force. Hoping to meet again, but having to leave. Meeting again, parting once more by force. In a lifetime, how many decades can there be? But again and again, he spent ten years, another ten years, and then sixteen years, longing for a person where each meeting held no promise of a second time. From the age of youth to the age of wisdom, through the turbulent waves of life, she was there for him at every turning point, guiding and cheering him on. His piety to Buddha and his translation works were built in part upon her efforts.
Standing between them wasn’t just the distance of thousands of years, but also chaos and war, and his pious heart to Buddha.
“Ashamed that my feelings have dirtied the holy path,
I remained afraid of the alluring beauty after entering the mountain.
In this world, who can fulfill both
Faithful to Buddha, faithful to you.” *
– Tsangyang Gyatso, the 6th Dalai Lama
Haru's doing the painstaking work of translating and one MUST go to this site and read more detail on this book. It is LITERALLY one of the most beautiful things to read.
Haru has come under a lot of fire with people trying to steal her translated work and comments from insensitive gnats. I just wished people would use their brain and realize that if it were not for translators who take the time to do the translating out of their busy schedules we would not be able to read these amazing books.
Faithful to Buddha, Faithful to You is actually being made into a drama in China, I believe, but I am not sure as to how 'faithful' to the book it would be, having seen some of the actors going to be portraying some of the main characters. Well, from reading, I actually have in my mind how some of the characters would look like but they don't kinda resemble the actors I've seen. ;)
There are few books that make the bibliophile in me scream with want just because it is the book itself, but reality says, 'gurl you better hold that thought.' XD This is one novel that I would hurt someone to get. Jk.. -wistfulsigh- **Haru..I just hearts you.**
At Haru's site, A Translator's Ramblings, there is more detail about the book and the table of contents so go there to be wrapped up in such an amazing work.
~~~ Let's see...~~~
While I am waiting on the ones above..
Third, 如果蜗牛有爱情 When A Snail Loves – 丁墨 Ding Mo
Parts 1-54 (Chapters 1-40) - found here.. Crazy for HE Novels
Chapters 41+ Thankfully can be read here.. at MerakiTranslations
Honestly, as of late it seems as if the dramas that are based on books are actually visual fanfics of the actual works because they deviate from the books so much.
I LOVE the book... meh on the drama..
And thanks to Transgeek and the team we now have more parts of the book!!! HUZZAH!!
Thanks guys!!
Even though I'm not fond of the drama, I did like the actors that portrayed the characters and PLEASE don't ask me the names of the actors. I just like them in the character they play. lol.
To see the drama:
Dramafever , Viki
Parts 1-54 (Chapters 1-40) - found here.. Crazy for HE Novels
Chapters 41+ Thankfully can be read here.. at MerakiTranslations

Translated by Tranzgeek, Mel, Shl, Midasz
Edited by Mel, Tranzgeek
Proofread by Libramuse
Many thanks to our old members: Meiflower, Kim, Liane
(taken from Meraki Translations)Synopsis: In this world, there is a beautiful love when two people understand each other, when one can read the other person’s mind.One day, while talking about work, he suddenly changes the subject: “I’ve pursued you for a long time, how do you feel?”Xu Xu is surprised: “You’re pursuing me?”He patiently lights a cigarette, his black eyes gazing at her intently: “I exercise with you every morning, I teach you how to shoot, everyone in the police force calls you sister-in-law …… what do you think I’ve been doing?”Xu Xu is silent for a moment: “Um …… you don’t have to pursue me anymore.”His heart drops in disappointment, his voice becoming cold: “What are you saying?”“I also like you, so you don’t have to pursue me.”“……”She likes him. Although he appears arrogant and has a poisonous tongue, he is actually sweet and childish.
Honestly, as of late it seems as if the dramas that are based on books are actually visual fanfics of the actual works because they deviate from the books so much.
I LOVE the book... meh on the drama..
And thanks to Transgeek and the team we now have more parts of the book!!! HUZZAH!!
Thanks guys!!
Even though I'm not fond of the drama, I did like the actors that portrayed the characters and PLEASE don't ask me the names of the actors. I just like them in the character they play. lol.
To see the drama:
Dramafever , Viki

Comments