5.3.17 - Silent Separation - Gu Man

(Chinese edition)

A young love leads to a lifetime of entanglements. Zhao Mo Sheng is a university student with a sunny disposition. The bright and cheerful Mo Sheng fell in love at first sight with He Yi Chen, one of the top students from the Law Faculty. 
However, his poor communication skill, makes her depart sadly for overseas. Seven years later, Zhao Mo Sheng returned home and spotted him immediately in a crowded supermarket, …….

This is a very short and sweet story about two college sweethearts, who separated on a bitter note but fate tosses them together again seven years later.
****************************

I personally have the above edition that I purchased off of Amazon which speaks to how much I love this crazy story.  Actually, it's one of the first Chinese novels that I was introduced through the Chinese drama, 'My Sunshine'.  

Now having read the english translated version, I find it more enchanting than the drama.  Blame it on He Yi Chen and Zhao Mo Sheng.  Blame it on Gu Man.  

These stinkin rotten beautifully written Chinese novels make the cynic in me screech in denial of being a romantic.  

Ugh.

I would rather be kicked by a mule.

Heh..

But there is something about the male characters that are written in many of these Chinese novels.  The strength of character in this day and age where ugliness of character has been taken to a new level, and the actual progression of growth in a character through the story....

Iono.. I think I'm too idealistic at times.

Sigh.

 I do prefer this book over the drama and the artwork that has been included with the novel is beautiful.

1
taken from Fanatical...


I've been reading a lot more lately hence the completion of this novel and a couple more in the listing.  Oddly enough, I do want to translate the copy I have even though I should've looked for a copy in Hangul which would've been easier to translate and read for me.

Well, hindsight is 20-20.

The drama has a more complicated weaved tale.  The book is more directly woven specifically on HYC and ZMS.  But the drama has taken much from the book.  I don't know about the movie version though.  lol.

I'm posting the trailer to the drama, and a couple of sites where one can watch it.





To watch the drama..

@dramanice - https://dramanice.es/drama/my-sunshine-detail

@dramacools - https://dramacools.to/drama-detail/my-sunshine

*update* 5.4.17

Apparently the movie version did not get that great of reviews and in taking peeks at the movie on youtube, I kinda can see why.  So it's best to just see the drama. lol.

Comments

Popular Posts