Erotic Reading Challenge - Berrr's Vow

*************

Book four in the Zorn Warriors series.
Kidnapped from Earth and transported to planet Zorn to be sold as a sex slave, Shanna is one angry, frightened woman ready to fight anyone who tries to touch her. Raised in foster care, she’s not going to take any crap off some alien men no matter how big, terrifying or muscular they are. Before she can be sold, she’s freed by a huge, sexy Zorn warrior…a warrior with the most beautiful blue eyes she’s ever seen. Shanna demands he take her under his protection when she realizes she’s stuck on Zorn.
Hyvin Berrr, the leader of Zorn, thinks humans are helpless and weak. Shanna decides to teach the big hunk he’s wrong by knocking him on his backside. He might think she’s playing but she’s trying to teach him a lesson. She’s not sure if she wants to fight her feelings for the sexy alien, though if a woman has to lose a battle, this just might be the one time to concede.
*************
Dare I say I HELLALUV this book? *grins*
I dunno why I haven't heard more chatter on Dohner sooner cause she is gooooooddd and fastly becoming a favorite. =)
Yesterday, I was reading about how authors should improve with each work, and with Dohner you definitely can see that...she gets better and better with each book.
Her alpha males make me shiver delightfully and the women make me cheer with each conquering victory. XD I love how the women teach the Zorn men/Cyborgs the idea of monogamy. No sharing here whatsoever or blood will be shed.
*chuckles* That was quite literally the case here in this book. The six House Helpers under Berrr's protection were *mighty* upset over the fact that Shanna was to be the only one in Berrr's bed and warned her that they would make life hell for her if she didn't change things back. Well, there was a hell to the fuck no, and then the battle was on. Literally. Six Amazonian sized Zorn women versus one lil ole streetwise/smart human woman.
Did I mention I *love* Shanna? A divorced bartender, who grew up in the foster system, Shanna had learned how to defender herself in life, and her skills in the martial arts served to help her in this fight against six huge women and all the obstacles thrown at her.
You shoulda hear me cheering near the end of the book when she won a different fight later on...won't tell that'll give it away.
Berrr's Vow is definitely my fave among Dohner's books. Second..Melting Iron.
My apologies if things sound a tad strange within this entry. I wouldn't exactly call it a review considering that I'm exhausted and my words are getting a tad dyslexic.
I recommend it!! Highly!! I have very few fave ero authors, and Laurann Dohner is now ranked right up there with Lissa.
My hopes though is that her books will continue to get better and better...that she doesn't fall into a clichelike pattern other writers tend to do. =)
Writing/storyline...4
Characters....4 & half
Smutfactor/heat level...high octane..fuel intensity & yumilicious..
Overall...5
Go here to see my sorta review on her Cyborg series.. http://unbrokenwyld.blogspot.com/2010/12/books-read-this-week.html
Go here to find more on her Zorn Warrior series.. http://www.lauranndohner.com/zorn-warriors-series.php
Her blog.. http://lauranndohner.blogspot.com/
*grins*
I *highly* recommend it
Comments