Flying high off of Butterfly Swords..

Photobucket     Photobucket
**********************




Photobucket


During China's infamous Tang Dynasty, a time awash with luxury yet littered with deadly intrigues and fallen royalty, betrayed Princess Ai Li flees before her wedding.
Miles from home, with only her delicate butterfly swords for defense, she enlists the reluctant protection of a blue-eyed warrior….

Battle-scarred, embittered Ryam has always held his own life at cheap value. Ai Li's innocent trust in him and honorable, stubborn nature make him desperate to protect her—which means not seducing the first woman he has ever truly wanted….
*************

Finally!!  I finished it!! I was getting a tad wacky concerning this book.  It is my first foray back into historical romance.

I won a copy on Jeannie Lin's website and unfortunately had to push it back a couple of times.  I was determined to finish Butterfly Swords and boy am I glad I did.

Butterfly Swords is richly woven like a tapestry.  The environment detailed as if you were sucked within the pages into ancient China to the point where my genetic remembrance kicked in to a high fever and I had to set the book down.  Yeah, you know a book is good when you feel as if your ancestors were screaming at you to get out of China and head for the mountains of Korea for safety.  *grins*  


I am starting to think that any other historical romance I read after this will pale in comparison, and could rival Diana Gabaldon if given half the chance.  Hell, if Lin wrote it that thick I'd read it!  XD


Adrenaline-induced with sword fights, romance (yeppers there is sex, people), and a complicated storyline, the reader will come away addicted for more and wishing that the book hadn't ended.  I sure did.


My only thang is, I only wished I had read the Taming of Mei Lin first because putting the pieces together, Ai Li is the granddaughter of Mei Lin.  Which is why I am putting it on my 2nds Challenge.  I still want to read it though and have it on my kindle waiting list.


I *seriously* can't wait for more from Jeannie Lin.  Thanks to Yvonne @ Diva's Bookcase to introducing me to her.  A most heartfelt thanks, Yvonne! 


Storyline/writing....5
Characters....4
Smutfactor/heat level....bonfire hot!
Overall...5
Cover...eh whilst good, could be a tad better..more like the first book. =) But that *really* shouldn't stop one from reading.  XD

Comments

Blodeuedd said…
I like the cover, she looks pretty kick-ass :) And it sure sounds like a story for me
Neena said…
@Blodeuedd.. I'm kinda torn on the cover, but I quite sure you'd enjoy it. By the time, it ended I kinda wished it was longer. XD

Popular Posts