1.11.16 - Art and life
"Drawing takes us out of our worrying minds and into the wide open space of peace and possibility, where inspiration comes to meet us."
Cat Bennet
Was this just a hobby? Just a new 'phase' in things?
I'm not at a stage where I can blindly be in a new phase.
Even though I dabbled in a few artful things growing up, it was never a feasible idea to make it a part of my lifestyle. I never even thought of it as a hobby.
It just wasn't thought of in my family. Medicine, law, or business. Even religion was acceptable.. the typical Korean family. As long as you busted your a$$ off bringing in the money...;)
But ya know it's funny how God throws a wrench or a fastball into carefully crafted plans. Yeah, I've been pondering on this for a while.
That and the disgusting fact that Mom and Robert could easily pick up a pencil and draw something whereas this chica always had to work at the drawing but give me a legal case and I can easily pick out the details with a fine tooth comb.
*chuckles* Life, huh? It's funny how growing up you bury the real you behind walls and stones only to discover what truly makes you happy.
Just because one is good at a certain thing doesn't exactly mean it makes a person happy. It can actually feed the depression one often struggles to escape from..
When Robin Williams died, people kept saying they were in shock and how giving he was and so on, but I fully understood. No one bothered to ask him and help him while he quietly struggled.
Did I mention the Thursday before Thanksgiving my friend and family doctor of many years jumped out of his 20 story apartment and committed suicide? The end of 2015 was kinda dark for me. Holidays never really any fun.
Then one day something literally snapped my attention...
This..

Paint covered hands...
Life smacked me in the face and reminded me of something long forgotten...what I *really* wanted.. =)
Eh.... I'ma stop here.. I could go on and into more, but I am way tired, this is probably one of the most boring post, I'm thinking... lol.
Night... I'm gonna go finish mah trees... ;)
the song in mah head:
I'm adding this one for funsies... XD

Comments