Ah the joys of the military..take one
Being a former military brat came with a lotta downers and a few perks. Heh..
Anyway. Tyhada started something with the call for authors who write military, special ops, and books with bodyguards. Usually the bodyguards were either ex some form of law enforcement, be they military or leo.
And dern it if the bug didn't bite me on the ass..well to leave a mark..
So I'm gonna do my mad scramble research of authors and then do the sorting.
This is what I sent T..
~~
Rhonda Nelson - most of hers are Harlequin Blazes
http://www.readrhondanelson.com/index.php/bookshelf/
Karen Foley - Able-Bodied *personal fave (HB)
- Flyboy (HB)
Stephanie Tyler http://www.stephanietyler.com/books/main.php *she has an number of series
- Risking it all (HB)
- Coming Undone (HB)
- Beyond His Control (HB)
- Hard to Hold
Lorie O'Clare - Strong, Sleek and Sinful
Tall, Dark and Deadly
http://www.lorieoclare.com/ *I'm not really keen on her website
J.C. Wilder - http://www.jcwilder.com/?page_id=311
*hers is mostly S.W.A.T
~~
Some that she already knew about..
Cat Johnson
Lora Leigh
Christy Reece
Maya Banks
~~~~
Now I'm gonna go with some authors that I know that were in the military and branched and became authors...
Delilah Devlin & Sylvia Day were both in the military and are prolific authors but sadly they didn't pour what they knew from the military into their writings.
Well granted that Day was a Russian linguist and Devlin in the Signal corp..
Susan Grant's a whole nuther tale all together. Prolific writer and pilot, formerly of the USAF. Piloting..*wistful sighs* I *love* her futuristic series 2176. AWESOME! Here's the first in the series..http://www.susangrant.com/books/banzai.htm


Hmm..hers are mostly futuristic come to think about it. Except this one...me thinks..

who then leads me to one of the leading ladies of writers of the military romance fiction..Lindsey McKenna..
McKenna has *alot* of books where the characters are in the military. You can't hit one of her books without it. Check out her booklist..
http://www.lindsaymckenna.com/books.html
Back before ebooks *grins* and before the strong alpha male became ever so popular in fiction..there was Harlequin and Silhouette. Which is probably why most military heroes will be found in a Harlequin. *grins* I thoroughly enjoyed Able-Bodied. *grins* Made my gutterish girl in me rawrs. Heh..
Alrighty.
Now. Carol Lynne's ebooks have both bodyguards and exmilitary. She also has m/m fic and menages. Some of her westerns have exmilitary, and so on..she has a large list.
So be warned before jumping in.
Her list..http://www.carol-lynne.net/site/
So...this is a growing list which will probably cleaned up and branched out in days to come. Don't worry. XP
Here's T's site
Anyway. Tyhada started something with the call for authors who write military, special ops, and books with bodyguards. Usually the bodyguards were either ex some form of law enforcement, be they military or leo.
And dern it if the bug didn't bite me on the ass..well to leave a mark..
So I'm gonna do my mad scramble research of authors and then do the sorting.
This is what I sent T..
~~
Rhonda Nelson - most of hers are Harlequin Blazes
http://www.readrhondanelson.com/index.php/bookshelf/
Karen Foley - Able-Bodied *personal fave (HB)
- Flyboy (HB)
Stephanie Tyler http://www.stephanietyler.com/books/main.php *she has an number of series
- Risking it all (HB)
- Coming Undone (HB)
- Beyond His Control (HB)
- Hard to Hold
Lorie O'Clare - Strong, Sleek and Sinful
Tall, Dark and Deadly
http://www.lorieoclare.com/ *I'm not really keen on her website
J.C. Wilder - http://www.jcwilder.com/?page_id=311
*hers is mostly S.W.A.T
~~
Some that she already knew about..
Cat Johnson
Lora Leigh
Christy Reece
Maya Banks
~~~~
Now I'm gonna go with some authors that I know that were in the military and branched and became authors...
Delilah Devlin & Sylvia Day were both in the military and are prolific authors but sadly they didn't pour what they knew from the military into their writings.
Well granted that Day was a Russian linguist and Devlin in the Signal corp..
Susan Grant's a whole nuther tale all together. Prolific writer and pilot, formerly of the USAF. Piloting..*wistful sighs* I *love* her futuristic series 2176. AWESOME! Here's the first in the series..http://www.susangrant.com/books/banzai.htm


Hmm..hers are mostly futuristic come to think about it. Except this one...me thinks..

who then leads me to one of the leading ladies of writers of the military romance fiction..Lindsey McKenna..
McKenna has *alot* of books where the characters are in the military. You can't hit one of her books without it. Check out her booklist..
http://www.lindsaymckenna.com/books.html
Back before ebooks *grins* and before the strong alpha male became ever so popular in fiction..there was Harlequin and Silhouette. Which is probably why most military heroes will be found in a Harlequin. *grins* I thoroughly enjoyed Able-Bodied. *grins* Made my gutterish girl in me rawrs. Heh..
Alrighty.
Now. Carol Lynne's ebooks have both bodyguards and exmilitary. She also has m/m fic and menages. Some of her westerns have exmilitary, and so on..she has a large list.
So be warned before jumping in.
Her list..http://www.carol-lynne.net/site/
So...this is a growing list which will probably cleaned up and branched out in days to come. Don't worry. XP
Here's T's site

Comments
And OMG, could you make that button appear any bigger!!!! *sarcasm at its finest*