Book Beginnings on Friday 1

So I went to B's place and hit her link to pageturner's for BookBeginningsFriday only to find out PageTurner is no longer hosting it. Bad Bness for not keeping up with things. *smiles*

So I went here to the new hostess...
Photobucket


And luv the place..the huge open book banner, and design of the place of Katy's. XD

And got the button! =) Photobucket

I luv book stuffage like this *about* books.

So here's the 411..

~~~How to participate: All you have to do is share the first line (or two, I'm not too picky) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading (and can go pick up a copy if it sounds good!). Then, if you feel so moved, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence (thanks to Rose City Reader for inspiring this meme). The link-up will be here at A Few More Pages every Friday.~~~ (stolen from Katy's page - she has the linky there to join in)


Mine is coming from 2 books..
Photobucket

~Two words I never thought would go together: Joanne Walker and 6:00am.~


Second book..........Photobucket

~The things I believe in can be counted on one hand-even if that hand were two-fifths occupied with, say, smoking a cigarette, or making a bunny for a shadow puppet show, or forming "devil horns" at a heavy metal concert.~


My thoughts on these two lines are this: I am in agreement with Joanne because if I were to sleep at night and wake up early without coffee, someone's death would be eminent. My thoughts on the books in general is starting to change *even though* I am in agreement with JW on her first line.

And for the second book's first line which is spoken by Ciara, I think is much better and I too can put the count of what I believe in on one hand.

*takes a bow* These are the my first Book Beginnings this Friday. SALUTE! *grins*

Comments

Ragan said…
Yays! You're doing new memes and have reinstated the Follow button. You're coming back to us, slow but surely. XD
Ragan said…
Oh, and I actually did know that she was no longer hosting. I just needed a boxed meme logo to complete my rectangle. LOL
Neena said…
*rollstheeyes@urcomment* hmm..didn't I call you brat already? don't make me wanna mock whack you..smartass..
Katy said…
Thanks for joining in on Book Beginnings on Friday!

Your first lines here made me giggle a little. These sound like fun reads. :)
Neena said…
they are 'cept Thunderbird Falls is a tad frustrating. lol.

Popular Posts