the Savage Kingdom was indeed savagely out there

Not feelin to well but gonna do this anyway. I need to vent.

Photobucket

The darkness in his soul could claim her love…or her life.

Freygard, a world where women rule and men are slaves, would seem to be a female Nirvana. Not for the warrior Nerya. So far her required visits to the coupling chambers have been awkward and embarrassing. Until Jaden. Despite his chains, the defiant slave’s expert pleasuring satisfies her body—and sparks a determination to defend him from her cruel queen.

Jaden couldn’t be in a worse position. Nerya has not only claimed his prized white stallion, she’s somehow managed to abscond with his ability to resist her sexual appeal. His escape attempt is disastrous, until Nerya intervenes with an unheard-of deal. In exchange for guiding her to an unmapped kingdom to find the sister she never knew she had, she will free both him and his men.

On the journey, Nerya’s determination to resist her powerful attraction to Jaden melts away in the heat of his desire. Leaving her wondering just who is in control—and what it is about him that bothers her. When they are forced to face a soul-stealing mage, his secret is revealed.

He is warrior of the feared Dai’Shi-en, legendary for the dark magic that fuels their violence…and their lust.

Warning: Contains hot, sweaty warrior sex, sex in chains and sex in a tent.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, yeah..the synopsis paints a pretty picture but... *shakes head* Alrighty. Unlike B, I do have an inclination for amazonian women..blame it on the parental units they encouraged anything warrior like into me. Why not Robert we never had a clue even though his anger issues made mine seem pale in comparison, but that's a whole nuther story.

The idea of this story appealed to me, so even though B didn't like it so much and made her angry, I still got the book and read it. *smackforeheadhere*

At first hey things were going well, satisfied my inner savage for a moment. Then the moment they left Freygard the shit hit the squall. Characters took a reversal role and I fully agree with B here...the story/writing flow went downhill. *Then* I got bored. Then irritated. All of a sudden Jaden takes a 180 and blah, blah..I love you Nerya...You gotta trust me Nerya...all the while he acts like dominating manslut and fucks Shusha, who in turn fuck/tortures Tern. That whole shit made me wanna slap someone.

And fuck everything she grew up with, Nerya trusts Jaden...and here is where I go...blah blah blah..yep...I got lil over halfway through and said fuck it. It was as if Bradford completely departed from her characters and storyline to do what? Hell if I know.

If the author read this my question would be, what the hell were you thinking? And I'm a chica who *LOVES* her amazonian mythological legends from Greece/Rome. Wanted to be the whole tall warrior woman who kicked major ass. XD Yes, I *was* a fan of Xena, okay. Let me get that outta the way.

And don't give me that look B. *grins* I loved Highlander too...all the yummy fanshit back then...lol!

B's review can be found here...

Comments

Ragan said…
He fucked somebody else????!!!! Damn, I knew I was right to quit reading. LMAO

You mind if I tweet this? And link to it?
And just have a 'hahaha I told you so' dance to the world?

Popular Posts