Being completely taken with Arrested Holiday .

WARNING: SPOILERS & ONE FREAKIN' LONG REVIEW AHEAD!!! XD




Photobucket

A "Not Quite Christmas" Story


Holiday ‘Holli’ James looks forward the week between Christmas and New Year’s. This is her one chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of her successful decorating business. The plan this year is a trip to New York City to see the sights and the lights. The plan doesn’t include a side trip to a small town jail in the middle of Pennsylvania. Nor does it include Officer Hunky.


However...


A single police officer, Michael is working the holidays -- again. With no local family and no interest in accepting the pity invitations to Christmas dinner from his married friends, he’s content to work and earn extra cash. Besides, this year looks to be as uneventful as ever. Until he pulls Holli over for speeding, only to discover she’s wanted on charges of fraud.
Sexual tension spikes as Michael begins to investigate and discovers Holli isn't who her record says she is. While they await answers, Michael is granted permission to remove Holli from the jail and place her under house arrest.


Only his idea of house arrest is much more personal than the law ever intended.


Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: anal play/intercourse, bondage, spanking.(less)
ebook
Published December 7th 2010 by Loose Id
ISBN139781607378990


http://www.loose-id.com/Arrested-Holiday


http://lissamatthews.com


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Alrighty!  Doing this while it's fresh in my head.  With things being as crazy for the holidays and stuff, it's actually books like these that make the holidays worth bearing.  *smiles*  


Holli is an interior decorator with a killer knuckleball from Atlanta heading up to the Big Apple for the holidays.  Reminds me of another interior designer in Atlanta...hmm... Julia Sugarbaker.  Always wanted to be her.  She was like an idol growing up.  Smart, savvy, verballaciously ferocious.  The Terminator.  Gotta luv it.   *grins*


Anyway.  Holli, the wicked girl that she is speeding through the Penn State when she is pulled over, ticketed and taken into custody by Officer Hunky.  


When I discovered Lissa wrote a book with a cop, yes, much squeeing could be heard all over Green Country.  It was over the cop and the epilogue, but I'm sidetracking.


Instantaneous chemical fireworks are going off between Holli and Michael 'Officer Hunky' even while she's behind bars.  Jail bars that  is...yes, get your minds out of the gutter.  *grins*  Holli's being held due to some clerical errors in the system (it can happen believe me), and thanks to a favor called in, Holli get to be in house arrest with the lovely hunky officer. (If we could all be so lucky.)


While under his 'watch', Holli learns a new meaning to house arrest.  *wide smile*


My thoughts: 


Anyone who knows me, knows how I luv Lissa's books.  I would knock ya down if you said anything bad about her work.  I just luv her works. 


Why? 


Lissa has this way of making her characters sooo real, personable, relate able, the men - a girl's wet dream and all.  =)  Her men...*grins*  The men of her creation are one's that I wish are really real.  ;)  Whole hearted, with depth of character, and I did mention a girl's wet dream, right?  


And for some wacky reason, one of her books *always* find me at the right time and just work me right.  lol.  


Arrested Holiday was worth the savor.  I took all weekend to read it.  It was a rough weekend. I just wanted to curl up in a corner somewheres and just read AH.  I could get lost in Lissa'verse.  XD


The writing was amazing through out the whole book.  None of the light bdsm made me feel uncomfortable, but was okay with it all.  Holli was new to some of it which is probably why, and the heat between them made things smokin' hot.


'She wanted to be naughty with him.  She wanted to get down and dirty with him.  She wanted to snuggle into his arms and sleep with him.  He was exactly the kind of man she didn't let herself get involved with, but again, not that many that looked like him had ever been interested in her. He was the good, way-too-good-to-be-true-in-the-long-run kind--she didn't do short runs very well--so she stayed away from the sexy men that make her blood boil when it was ten below outside.


But just this one.  During his season.  On her vacation.  She wanted to fuck him.'


*wicked grin* Haven't you ever had someone where you felt like that about?  


Lissa also has an amazing way with the words.  She kills me at times in her books.


~"You have the right to scream at the top of your lungs.  Anything you say, ask for, beg, or plead for may be used against you, inside you."  He knelt on the bed and held himself above her with his arms locked at the side of her head, much like he had been earlier.  "You have the right to ask for more.  If you cannot speak, I will decide for you." Lowering one hand to join hers, he touched the wettest sex, the hottest juices... "Do you understand these rights as I have explained them to you?"~


Now those are some Miranda warnings.  *winks*  


I also have 4pgs of noted bookmarks of favorite spots.  Not all I could put here or this could turn into an essay.  LOL!  


Also, when I discovered at the table of contents when I first got the book, SHE HAD AN EPILOGUE!!  I begged, and pleaded..now finally like the final bite of the most delish piece of gourmet chocolate, she gives an eppy.  I was stoked, and she said she did it for moi!  *happiest of smiles*  


Ya'll gotta know this book was ripe for an epilogue, and what an epilogue. It was the yummiest, bestest, could be a best Christmas prezzie eva kinda epilogue.  YES, I may be UBER gushing a bit, but hell, I loved it, OKAY?! *grins*


Believe me, the epilogue was uber yummy. XD  I've read a number of them..


Afterwards, I prayed for all of Lissa's books to be in print under my tree with a big red bow.  I mentioned that this was my Christmas wish, then it became a prayer.  *grins*  


Arrested Holiday got 5 stars, and became my fave (Lissa book) and hit my fave book list.  Very few hit that list. =)



Comments

Blodeuedd said…
Great review! I can truly feel how much you enjoy her books. I just love when a book makes me feel like that
Christy Townzen said…
Sounds really good. I'll have to check it out.
Neena said…
@Blodeuedd.. *grins* I do as well..Thanks Blodeuedd, that means alot coming from you! XD

@Tyhada... do! I don't know if you've read any of hers but I think you'd like it. =)
Diana said…
I agree that Lissa characters are very real, like they're people you know. This was a great review, hun! I can tell you loved it!!

Popular Posts