Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day 2010

Photobucket


Photobucket





People all over the US should never forget this day.  Every year, I remember this day for more than the loss of lives at Pearl Harbor.  Both parents were in the military so anything that happens with the military hits strong with us.


What is poignant to me is the resulting actions of the Japanese not only cost the military but hundreds of Asian families across America.  In WW2, where Hitler had placed countless of Jews in Concentration Camps. The US did not join the war until the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.  *shakes head*  Then the US did the same thing... gathered Asian Americans and placed them in Internment Camps.


I cannot forget.  


Koreans, Chinese and Japanese rounded up and placed in internment camps just because.  *sighs* One, I'm glad I wasn't born then.  Two, as an asian american, this issue is very difficult.  Koreans don't trust or like the Japanese because of our history with them.  Plus, Japan occupied Korea during WW2.  


Okay, now I'm all grry.... It's one of those emotional mixup kinda things.  *sighs* It's a scary thought to think because of stupidity, and callousness of people lives were lost, and changed.  


America don't get too complacent with life or what you hold to be right, just and true in life.  We like to think we are invincible.  But 9/11/01 should be something that sticks as well.  I know, oh too well that freedom is never free. I guess this is why also slavery of any sort is sort of an issue with me.


Please be awake and alert.  Life should never be taken for granted.  What we have *now* should *never* be taken for granted.


*huge sigh* Okay.  I need a coffee now.  *rueful smile* 

Comments

Popular Posts