Interesting thing I saw...

I was searching online for a traditional Hanbok because only God knows where mom put mine, and the last time I wore it I was kneehigh to a shetland pony.  Then I found this..Photobucket


So what was it about this photo that struck me?  Well, I wasn't sure to be offended or no.  My thinking was here is a dark skinned woman in a cutesy photo in a traditional hanbok.  A Korean tradition dress worn at weddings, funerals or special occasions.


But most of us have this complexion..Photobucket


This is a korean model with a fashion from Korea.






Photobucket
http://www.waseda.jp/icc/img/Country_Festa/Korean_Festa/Manner/manner_dress1.JPG




And in my search I get sidetracked by this..
Photobucket


Photobucket


The dress, sillies.  *smiles*  I like this fashion and coupled with the black nails...yes!!  But unfortunately the dress is sold out.  Only 10.50.  *lesigh*   Found here.. http://www.wholesaleclothinginc.com/wholesale-korean-dress-j1917-grey-p-1201.html


So I decided on a hanbok like this only with out the red collar.  Photobucket


But look at the complexions.  We have to sit outside to get that dark, which in the asian culture is called peach.  Hence, the manga Peach Girl. 


So my continual thought is, why does it bother me? Am I or should I be offended?  I'm not really, but is stuck in my brain as to why that pic??  Hmm..

Comments

Silly... I luv you!!! I love that dress too and her polish!!! She is adorable! Well, honey... sit on the couch and put your feet up and let's talk... Lol!

Hugs to you honey!
Neena said…
And I luv you back, Cecile. XD Isn't it cute! Alrighty! XD

Hugs back, Cecile!!
Aww you are to sweet my love! And you know... I would love to see your dress on you! I bet you will be stunning!!!
Have a great day my love!

Popular Posts