tired but I just *had* to rant on this..

Crazy ole me, feeling bone weary, covered with punctures and lacking blud. XD Am trying to avoid the rabid bearlike mama who is prepping the house and her babies for the winter. Minus me. Iono where I fall under the category anymore..she calls me her lil samurai. *rolls eyes* Haven't quite figured out where she got that from except my fascination with martial arts and the bushido code.

*ANYWAY*. In my adjustment of hiding, and settling down, I find this lil dohickey by CE Murphy. http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=31749 Which in turn led me here... http://justinelarbalestier.com/blog/2009/07/23/aint-that-a-shame/ Which then reminded me of TK's ministomp here... http://thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com/2010/10/why-interracialmulticultural-books-piss.html

Ya'll know I'm a very multiculturally alert, right? I'm too tired to rant. But daaayyuumm why don't the freakin' publishers listen to anybody but their own butts?

And usually I don't judge a book by it's cover and these links are lessons as to why not. But I get a tad weirded out when I read a book, which happened with CE Murphy's first book in the Negotiator series, discover the heroine is supposed to be of one nationality or say like in my case a halfbreed...yes, I have issues on that comment, and find that the person on the cover who is 'supposed' to be the heroine is not the same as the person in the book!

I know long weird sentence. Bear with me. It was one of the reasons why I quit reading the series, because for some insane reason I got confused. *rolls eyes* Yeah, I know.

I also got mad along in the same vein as TK did in her blogpost. It just drove me insane! And please don't get me started on the asian stereotypes in fiction and blah, blah.. I would hurt someone! *sighs* I posted a wee note to an author who had an asian character and didn't spell katana right. It was no big, because she got some of the Japanese folklore correct and did a bang up job with the heroine. But thankfully she sorta did her research. *grins* I kinda prefer Jeanine Lin's Butterfly Swords, though. =)

Iono...The Proposal was a popular movie, right? With Sandra & Ryan? Yeah, I learned a hellalong time ago those publishing houses were hell to break into as a writer. Seems like to me they're heads are still up their butts. lol.

Anyway...okay....my brain puttered out. Reviews will come after Turkey Day which will be different since we are having the JackDaniels pulled pork. Yeah, the vegatarian in me kinda gagged but I'll be sniffing/trying it for the JD. *grins*


Oh, a lil mini weird note..I think someone threatened me on twitter when I made a comment about the N Korean dictatorship. Weird, huh? *smiles* Hell, I'ma south Korean american, I can say *WHATEVER* the hell I want about the state of North Korea. Especially when it comes to dictators who let children die and starve to death...*grumbles*

Comments

Ragan said…
Random post there. Covered lots of topics.

I've never had any problems on Twitter. But then, I've always been a ghost so no surprise there that no one seems to notice me. You seem to attract all kinds though.

The only 'stereotype' that pisses me off is the southern boys with their drawls and petnames. Then again, I'm not sure where the line falls between stereotype and plain old truth.
Neena said…
I know, what is it with that anyway? *grumbles* I mention one thing and someone threatens me...pshaw...*grins*

Funny thing is, is that here in OK there are prevalent of those with cowboys here. XD Kinda funny, though..'specially when you have to kick their asses...which is easy to do when they're drunk as a skunk and hit on anyone in a skirt. lol.

Popular Posts